A one-way car rental for just 1€ - where is the catch?
We say: there is no catch – this offer is a real win-win situation! Why? Because you are helping to relocate a car for the car rental company. You get to rent a car for just 1€ and the car rental company saves on transport cost. We are car rental professionals and worked in this business for a long time. We believe that more people need to know about this clever way to travel. We believe that unused capacities must be used, this reduces the number of empty rides which is good for the environment. Get onboard, follow us on Facebook or Instagram, tell your friends about us – together we can make one way rentals for 1€ accessible for everyone!
Who can take advantage of this offer?
This offer is open to everyone age 21 years or older who has held a driving license valid in Germany for at least one year. In addition, a credit card in the name of the renter is required to rent a car.
- How does the search work?
Before the booking
What happens if I need to cancel my reservation?
Cancellations until 24 hours before the rental are free of charge. Please send us an email to email@example.com with your booking number and we will notify the rental company for you. In case of cancellation within 24 hours of the rental, a cancellation fee may apply if applicable by the rental company’s terms and conditions.
How do I pay?
We charge 1€ for our service which you can pay by credit card through our payment provider Stripe. Extras that are not included in the 1€ offer (like CDW, sat nav or additional driver) can be purchased directly at the rental branch. A security deposit is required at the time of rental. Important: please note that a valid credit card in your name is required to rent a car. Please bring it with you when you pick up the car.
What are the requirements to rent a car for 1€?
- You need to be 21 years or older and be in possession of a driving license valid in Germany for at least one year.
- A valid credit card in your name is required to rent a car. Generally accepted are Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners or Discover. The acceptance may depend on the providor.
- Credit card and driving license need to be issued in the name of the renter.
- For premium car classes, it is possible that two credit cards are required. If this is the case, it will be specified in the offer.
- Because the rental contract is between you and the rental company, their terms and conditions apply for the rental.
How does a booking work?
- Choose your ride from available cars.
- Enter your booking information and method of payment for the 1€ Movacar fee.
- You will receive an email from Movacar with your booking confirmation with all the information you need to present at the time of rental.
- Bring your booking confirmation, personal identification, driving license and a credit card in your name with you to rent the car.
- You are ready to roll!
Which costs will I be responsible for?
- Extras that are not included in the 1€ offer (like CDW, sat nav or additional driver) can be purchased directly at the rental branch.
- Fuel: you will receive the car with a full tank and are required to return it full. Some offers include the fuel which will be specified in the particular offer.
- Kilometers will be charged at the going rate of the rental company upon return.
- Traffic fines, toll charges and associated fees are your responsibility.
- A security deposit will be authorized on your credit card at the time of rental.
- In case of cancellation within 24 hours of the rental, a cancellation fee may apply if applicable by the rental company’s terms and conditions.
How much time do I have to drive?
Usually the rental time is 24 hours. If longer, it will be specified in the individual offer.
How much mileage is included in the one-way rental for 1€
Each offer includes more than enough free mileage for you to reach your destination. The free mileage is specified in each offer. If you drive more, extra kilometers will be charged at the going rate of the rental company upon return.
What happens if I return the car late?
If you return the car late, the rental company may charge you the regular rate for the rental. This is why a security deposit is required at the time of rental. Please keep in mind: we can only offer one-way rentals if the car is dependably transported to its destination. If the car is returned late, the rental company incurs extra cost.
What do I need to be mindful of when renting and returning the rental car?
Make sure the car condition is accurately noted on the rental contract. Taking pictures with your smartphone at the time of rental of existing damage as well as fuel and mileage levels can help you document car condition if necessary.
What happens if the car is damaged during the rental?
In case of damage, you will have to pay a deductible to the rental company. It can vary by car class and will be specified in the offer. For more details please refer to the terms and conditions of the rental company or enquire at the time of rental.
Rent a Transporter for your next move starting at 1€
When you’re moving your household to another city, you’ll discover how expensive one-way moving vans can be. With Movacar you can rent a one-way van starting at 1€.
Bridge the gap to your long distance relationship.
With a one-way rental for 1€ from Movacar you can visit your sweetheart more often.
With a rental car for 1€ to your plane
You found a bargain flight but the airport is in a different city? Get to the airport on a budget with a one-way rental for 1€ from Movacar.
Rent a car for 1€ for the way home
Planning a trip home for a laundry run but a rental car is too expensive? With Movacar you can get home or to wherever your washing machine is for just 1€.